Birgunj Nursing Campus is located at Province No. II,Narayani Zone, Birgunj Metropolitan City, Birta -4, Birgunj Nursing Campus was established in 2032 BS (1975 AD) with Community Auxiliary Health Worker (CMA) programme named as Bara Parsa Programme. In 2033 B.S, Asadh the programme came under the TUIOM as Birgunj Campus with AHW (non-credit Course) training programme. This programme was runned in Resamkotti- 9, Birgunj in rented room.
In 2038 B.S. AHW training program changed to Proficiency Certificate level for Health Assistant. With the support of USAID, own building was established and shifted from Reshamkoti -9 to Birta -4. PCL Nursing program was started in 2043 B.S with first intake of 30 students, now intake of 45 students. In 2068, B.S. Bachelor in nursing (BN) Programme (Hospital Nursing) with 20 students started and from 2072, BNS Bachelor in Nursing Science (BNS) programmestarted with 20 students and now upgrade to 25 seats allocated for BNS programme. At present, 31st Batch PCL Nursing Programme and 6th Batch Bachelor in Nursing Science Programme are running.
To be recognized as prestigious nursing institute in Province II, center of Excellency& to play pioneering role in nursing education and research.
To create and maintain a learning environment that fosters critical thinking, the acquisition of knowledge, and the development of ongoing professional skills. The campus will provide learners with tools for success through:
- Learner-centered professional education
- Research activity and serving the community.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with stakeholders in the community.
- Emphasis on scholarly teaching, practice, scientific inquiry and service.
- High quality accessible culturally competent care.
- Ethical professional practice and an appreciation for continuous life-long learning
- The ultimate goal of this academic institution is to produce the middle level human resources who are qualified and well prepared to work efficiently in the assigned area and cope with the challenging environment in the growing world.
- To render preventive, promotive and curative services to the people through the students’ clinical/field practice.
- To prepare middle level qualified nursing leader, educator and middle level manager in basic and advanced professional nursing practice in a rapidly changing, multicultural, multiethnic, global environment.
Objectives of the institution
On completion of the Nursing program, the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programs.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical / community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical / community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest, and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.